A guide to designer watches for all outfits and occasions
23rd Jan 2017
When it comes to designer watches there is undoubtedly a great deal to choose from, with unique designs available for every outfit and occasion. Whether you’re seeking the perfect everyday watch or perhaps something a little fancier, we’re here to help you pick the perfect watch for your needs. A watch can truly transform an outfit. Not only are they one of the most popular fashion accessories, but quality timepieces prove to be great investments that are passed down from generation to generation. Your chosen watch design speaks wonders and in some cases can portray a little bit about your personality. Gone are the days where watches are worn solely to tell the time; they have now become an essential style statement. The occasion The sheer volume of watch variations can be overwhelming and the easiest way to determine if your watch will match your outfit or occasion is to think about its overall design. There are a few clear combinations and designs to be aware of to help determine which piece to wear with your look. Dress Watch A luxury watch is characterised by its simplicity and a sleek, sophisticated design is always a winning formula! An elegant watch brandishing a gold, silver or a stainless steel dial has a refined look that ensure you look impeccable. A leather strap provides an unrefined elegance to a watch. While black and brown colours are classic choices, you can bring playful edge to an otherwise formal outfit by adding a flash of colour. The dial of a formal watch should be kept modest; showing simply the hours, minutes, seconds, and possibly a date box only. [caption id="attachment_874" align="aligncenter" width="564"] HENRY LONDON WATCHES - COMING SOON[/caption] [caption id="attachment_871" align="aligncenter" width="200"] OMEGA SEAMASTER AQUA TERRA CHRONOMETER GOLF EDITION - £2900[/caption] Business Casual A great example of a casual business watch is one that can be worn naturally day in and day out. A high-end chronograph watch combines the elements of a smartwatch with the sophistication of a dress watch. For those important meetings, go for a diver watch with a leather strap. This will complement a formal suit fantastically. [caption id="attachment_876" align="aligncenter" width="300"] PAUL HEWITT COLLECTION - COMING SOON[/caption] [caption id="attachment_877" align="aligncenter" width="300"] BULOVA CHRONOGRAPH - £499.00[/caption] Casual watch The ideal casual watch has fine lines and a smartly crafted design. A stainless steel strap is perfect for casual apparel, with its resilient metal up to the task of withstanding everyday wear. A leather strap is also the textbook choice for casual attire. If you have opted for a combination of jeans, shirt and boots, then virtually any watch will suit. [caption id="attachment_881" align="aligncenter" width="300"] CLUSE WATCHES - COMING SOON[/caption] [caption id="attachment_879" align="aligncenter" width="300"] MONDAINE WATCHES[/caption] [caption id="attachment_878" align="aligncenter" width="300"] MONDAINE GENTS ELEGANT MESH WATCH - £269.00[/caption] The gadget watch Gadget watches should primarily be kept for casual wear, although with modern designs showcasing increasingly sleek designs and desirable innovative technology, the gap between casual and formal is becoming less defined. For example, our Eone range succeeds in bridging the gap between smart business wear and casual watch wear. Professionals will find this innovative piece perfect for keeping track of time discreetly during business meetings. The stylish yet minimalistic design comes with a variety of strap options that can be easily changed, depending on the event. Needless to say, this watch will make for a great conversation starter. [caption id="attachment_869" align="aligncenter" width="300"] EONE BRADLEY CLASSIC £299.00[/caption] The sports watch Sports watches always look on-trend. They’re perfect for casual weekends spent socialising with friends, a bit of café culture, hitting the gym, and outdoor activities. Sports watches often have more than a few buttons, possibly including a chronometer if you are a keen swimmer or diver. The sporty designs are likely to include a rubber strap to endure the heat of high-tempo physical activity. If your watch is made of plastic and ceramic, then it will make for both a practical and attractive sports watch. However, always remember that matching the formality of your timepiece with that of your outfit is very important. [caption id="attachment_883" align="aligncenter" width="300"] TAG HEUER SPORT MODEL WATCHES[/caption] [caption id="attachment_882" align="aligncenter" width="300"] TAG HEUER FORMULA 1 - £1215[/caption] Make your watch work for your outfit
- Our watches will make for great additions to your accessories; the gold and silver frames and mesh bracelets complement layered bracelets fantastically.
- A great way to tie your watch in with your outfit is to wear the same colour metal on you belt buckle, or the same coloured leather watch strap to match your belt (ideally, both!). This really pulls an outfit together, making your overall appearance extremely polished.
- When in doubt, match your watch to your shoes. This technique can only be described as the default method. Most watch straps these days are interchangeable. Treat yourself to a black or brown leather strap and you will never have to overthink which watch will be appropriate for your occasion.
- Another handy hint involves taking note of the size of your dial. Oversized watches always look fashionable, but if the dial is too small for your wrist this risks overshadowing the overall design and you may look like you are wearing a child’s watch.
- If you own a vintage or antique watch then you can throw all of these rules away. Old watches are drenched in memory and charm. Heirlooms will work for dressy events, meetings, or just general day-to-day life. They will be the starter of many conversations and we love the sentimental value of a family treasure.